The Dynaudio Acoustics BM5A is a 2-way, Active studio monitor powered by twin 50 Watt amplifiers, featuring a 6.5" woofer and a 1.1" dome tweeter, housed in a no-nonsense cabinet with a black and aluminum finish, and sold as a pair.
The cabinet interior has been treated with damping material to minimize aberrant, vibration-related distortion, and the fluid-protected tweeter features a rear acoustic chamber. The amps are convection cooled, and there are a pair of front panel LED's indicating power, and overdrive or thermal protection activity, respectively.
The rear panel of the BM5A is refreshingly minimalist, featuring a trio of High, Mid and Low frequency boost/cut switches, a balanced or unbalanced level sensitivity switch, and a dedicated High Pass filter switch. The lone connector is a balanced XLR female. The frequency switches are provided for subtle adjustment to the given room environment, not playback enhancement.
2-way Active monitor with dual 50 Watt amplifiers and electronic crossover, Bass Reflex cabinet port
- • Full magnetic shielding for use in close proximity to computer monitors
- • Unique linear phase and frequency response ensures neutral playback, minimizes listening fatigue
- • Interior damping of speaker cabinet minimizes resonance and vibration-related distortion
- • Thermally protected tweeter with rear acoustic chamber
- • High Pass Filter switch, input sensitivity level switch for balanced or unbalanced operation
- • Overdrive and thermal overload protection circuitry with front panel LED indicator
- • High, Mid and Low frequency boost/cut filters for subtle adjustment to room acoustic environment
- • Balanced XLR Connector
- • Scrupulous quality control matching speakers within a +/-1.5 dB tolerance