Microgen TS9065G has higher distortion, but is still respectfully low for this class of instrument and sacrifices nothing in terms of signal to noise ratio.
The hardware stereo audio channel has also been removed, but stereo audio monitoring is still available via the USB link to the iLog application. This employs the advanced DSP stereo decoder, as used by the TS9085. The majority of audio monitoring is achieved with headphones, and as most recent PC’s or laptops come with integrated sound, they have a headphone socket for this purpose.
It should be noted that the TS9065G relies on it’s DSP software to decode the stereo signal. It therefore requires a reasonably fast PC to achieve this without interruption of the audio signal. For this reason it is recommended that the unit be run on a machine with a 2GHz or above processor. Full USB signal recording to hard disk has been retained so off-site measurements can be made. These recordings can be replayed back at base to assess signal parameters. We have kept the sampling depth the same at 16bits, so users still have access to the high performance audio spectrum analyser.
The latest iLog application V5.00 will run either the TS9085G or the TS9065G, so current users will be familiar with the interface. The new GPS mapping feature is identical for both units. For signal strength measurements there is no difference between them, except the TS9065 attenuator has a –20dB maximum.
Both the TS9085G and the TS9065G are housed in the same high-quality aluminium enclosure.
I/O connections front:
- BNC multiplex signal unbalanced output.
- BNC analyser input, for external multiplex signal or any AF signal for evaluation with the internal Spectrum Analyser.
- BNC alarm output. This will sink 10mA.
- USB power blue LED
I/O connections rear:
- BNC 50 ohm unbalanced antenna input.
- BNC External IF 50 ohm 10.7MHz input
- BNC RDS 57kHz band-pass output
- USB connector. This is compatible with USB1.1 and USB2 standards. The unit is powered from this. All control and data signals are fed to and from this connector.