As always at Omnia, the story began by simply listening. Not just listening to the results of new technical applications, but listening to you, the end user. Listening to what you have to say about everything from features, ease of setup and management, price, reliability and support.
For possibly the first time, there will be no need to compromise a service or a set of services to inferior audio processing and management due to space and/or budget limitations. So, let’s take a look. As you can see, Omnia.9 is jam packed with feature after feature, not available until now, in a single unit:
- Simultaneous separate processing cores for FM and HD and (Optional) HD2 and HD3.
- Each processing core is separately fully adjustable and has selectable 4, 5, 6 or 7 bands
- Psychoacoustic Composite Embedder allows up to 140% audio peaks in stereo at 100% total modulation.
- Contains exclusive “Undo” technology, a source declipping algorithm and program-adaptive multiband expander which removes distortion from source material. This corrects over-processed CDs, so common in today’s contemporary music.
- Multiband downward expansion (source noise reduction)
- 3-stage wideband AGC with adjustable sidechain equalization
- Program-dependent multiband compression
- Multiband look-ahead limiting
- Adjustable dynamic bass clipping
- Selectable phase linear high pass filter, 15, 30 or 45 Hz
- (For Digital) Two-band final look-ahead limiting
- Selectable phase linear (high latency) or low latency (talent air monitoring capable) modes
- Fully automatic program-dependent declipper and multiband expander for damaged content such as loud CDs
- Streaming encoding built in for Primary Digital (HD) and (Optional) Secondary (HD2) and Tertiary (HD3). Supports encoding to MP3 (Mpeg-1 Layer 3), MP2 (Mpeg-1 Layer 2), AAC, HE-AAC (including RTSP/3G for streaming to mobile phones), Ogg Vorbis, WMA and WMA Pro.
- 7 inch front panel touch screen
- Full remote control.
- On-screen keyboard with several layouts (QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY, Dvorak and ABC sequential) for easy setup and preset name typing
- RDS encoder, dynamically updateable
- Selectable SSB (Single Sideband) stereo encoder
- HTTP push support for automation, such as dynamic RDS and streaming song titles, preset recall
- Dayparting (scheduled preset selection)
- Studio Output with very low latency for talent monitoring
- Dual independent power supplies
- Composite pass-through (relay bypass) for your backup processor