MixPre-6 II 6-Channel / 8-Track Multitrack 32-Bit Field Recorder
For independent filmmakers, field recordists, and Ambisonic enthusiasts who need pristine audio capture of up to four microphones, the Sound Devices MixPre-6 II multitrack field recorder is an ideal tool. Record up to six tracks of external sources (four channels via XLR-1/4" combo jacks and two channels via a 3.5mm mini jack) plus a stereo mix at up to 32-bit / 192 kHz while monitoring your audio headphones.
- Four ultra-low-noise Kashmir microphone preamps with adjustable limiters capture high quality audio in the field, on set, or with a computer.
- Create a mix using the built-in 6 x 2 portable mixer.
- Record up to 8 tracks to an SD card and backup to a USB thumb drive.
- 8-in, 4-out USB audio interface streams to your computer via USB-C.
- Choose bit depths from 16 to 32-bit float, and sampling rates from 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz.
- Internal LTC timecode generator. Timecode In/Out via Aux In/Stereo Out.
- Timecode and record triggering via HDMI.
- USB-A for control surfaces, keyboards, and auto-copy to USB drive.
- In-unit ISO mixing, gain, pan, low-cut, phase inversion, and phantom power.
- Sunlight-readable color touch screen and LED metering.
- Lightweight, durable, and small: perfect for bag use, mobile recording, or a home studio.
- Powerful 300 mW+300 mW headphone amp allows clear and accurate reference of audio.
- Includes a MX-4AA Battery Sled (batteries not included), MX-PSU AC Power Supply, and USB-C to USB-C cable.
- Customize with plugins from the Plugin Store