Omnia VOLT™ Broadcast Audio Processor
Leave the competition in the dust with audio processing for FM, AM, SG, HD/DAB/DRM or studio applications
Omnia VOLT™ Features
- New-Generation Frank Foti-designed Clipper. The latest most advanced thinking on clipper design from a processing legend.
- Dynamics Engine designed by Senior Algorithm Developer Cornelius Gould.
- Six Separate AGC Sections. One wideband, plus five separate time-aligned multi-band sections, each with separate controls for every important parameter. Plus a tunable mid-band crossover. Give your station the loudness and consistent sound it deserves!
- Five Separate Time-Aligned Limiters, each with separate Drive, Hold, Threshold, and Attack/ Decay. They give you protection against overmodulation while maintaining a loud signature sound.
- Variable Deep Bass, Phat Bass, and Warmth Enhancers. Get that meaty Omnia sound, fine-tuned the way you want.
- Bass Pre-Clipper. Fully adjustable with Tightness and Girth controls. You’ll have strong, listener pleasing bass without worrying about intermodulation distortion.
- Clipper Silk Adjustment. If your format is prone to treble distortion, you can add just enough Silk to clean up those high frequencies.
- Sensus Processing for Digital Program streams. Omnia’s exclusive Sensus algorithms actually predict how HD, DRM, or multicasting data reduction will affect your sound. They precondition your signal, making compression sound better—even at low bitrates.
- Adjustable BS-412 Threshold and Processing for full compliance with ITU standards.
- Stereo Enhancement for FM Analog, without Adding Multipath. You’ll get a wider, more exciting signal that jumps out of listeners’ radios.
- Variable High-Pass and Switchable Phase Rotator. Those ultra- low frequencies, too low to be perceived as bass by listeners, won’t rob you of on-air power.
- Automatic Mono “Dry Voice” Sensing. Ideal for FM Analog Stereo stations using extreme processing: it keeps an extra hand on the clipper, to stop distortion when the L+R channel gets boosted by mono signals.
- Totally Flexible Signal Path. Use analog, AES/EBU digital, or Livewire® AoIP inputs; analog, AES/EBU digital, Livewire, or composite outputs. Adjust channel balance and correct polarity separately on each input. Save and recall input/output setups for different applications. All outputs are always active, regardless of input type.
- Switchable Insert Points for Voltair®, Watermark Encoders, or Other Downstream Encoding. Optimize your airchain and eliminate the need for external pre-processing! You can feed encoders with a pre-processed signal from VOLT’s multiband AGC and limiters so your encoder sees a stronger, more reliable signal. Then feed the encoder’s output back into VOLT, for post-encoding clipping that protects you against overmodulation.
- Automatic “Failover” signal switching. Designate a backup input to use if your main signal drops out or STL fails. Switch to this source automatically, with adjustable sensitivity, or trigger it as needed.
- QuickTweak™ System lets you fine-tune your sound like a processing genius. Get exactly the processing you want in minutes, while you’re on the air, right from the front panel or a connected computer or tablet.
- Graphic User Interface is easy to navigate, but gives you the deep level of control you need.
- Built-in HTML-5 Server for full control from any computer, tablet, or smartphone… without special plug-ins.
- Rugged 1RU Construction fits any control room, technical center, or transmitter shack, with easy-to see LED meters.
- Cool Running, Fanless Operation. VOLT can even be used near live mics.
- Flexible Pre-Emphasis Switching makes it easy to fit VOLT into any airchain.
- Dual Variable Composite Outputs (with FM DSP|Core).
- Variable Pilot Level and Phase (with FM DSP|Core).
- Built-In Tone Generator provides for quick setup and calibration.