Z/IP ONE IP Broadcast Codec
The Telos Z/IP ONE 1RU rackmount codec offers the capability to use public IP networks and mobile phone data services for high quality, trouble free audio transmission. The Z/IP does this automatically with minimal setup and very little delay. The connection is nearly bulletproof and traverses firewalls and NATs.
Z/IP ONE Features
- Works with wired and wireless IP connections including WiFi, WLAN and UMTS/EVDO networks includes matching Wi-Fi stick.
- Exclusive Agile Connection Technology (ACT) automatically senses network conditions and adapts codec performance to provide the best possible audio.
- Largest choice of high-performance codecs: AAC-ELD, AAC-HE, AAC-LD, MPEG Layer-2, MPEG-4 AAC- LC, MPEG-2 AAC-LC, G.711, G.722, and linear PCM. Enhanced aptX coding optional.
- Dual Ethernet ports for separate streaming and control, LAN for local control with Livewire audio and GPIO; separate WAN for secure connection to wide area networks.
- Livewire, analog and AES/EBU I/O standard.
- Easy browser setup via built-in Web server.
- “Push Mode” for one-way network transmission.
- “Multiple Push Mode” for audio distribution to multiple destinations.
- Distributed Z/IP Server directory service, with multiple geolocations, lets you easily connect to other Z/IP ONE devices without the need for an IP address and also provides sophisticated NAT traversal support.
- Transparent, time-aligned RS-232 channel for remote control or metadata, e.g., RDS.
- Time-aligned 8-bit parallel GPIO port for signaling and control.
- Slim 1RU form factor is perfect for studio racks, remote kits or road cases